Tuesday 4 August 2015

The untold story

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim,
Here is some of my untold story hoping it will answer all the question.
Why do I choose Muslim instead of other religion? First of all, I did not suddenly decide to be a
Muslim. No I never think of that previously and I did not wake up and suddenly feel wanted to recite the 2kalimah syahadah which proclaim a person to be a Muslim.
No I did not at all. I did not have any cert of Muslim or an ustazah to explain about the truth in Islam.
Not at all. I did not have any experience of that yet this is my personal journey.

People keep asking me the same questions everyday when they meet the new me. Sometimes I do tell them but sometimes I rather keep silence and just smile. The interest of it came after a long time. Well, my bestfriend is Muslim and
yes I grow up surrounded by Muslim friends. But still I do not have any interest of being Muslim at that time. But one I remember, I have been punished from not going to church everytime I came to school early. Yeah, I’m a convent girl where my school is right next to the church. I have been running away that time and because of that incident I have been punished and ashamed. Oh why do I feel that kind of way. My father was a religious man. I mean RELIGIOUS. 

Then I asked my girl “why do you perform solat”. “If you don’t perform a day, will your parents mad at you”. She answered me “christy (my previous name) you know what, solat is like a time you will be chating with God, your own secret and only He knows it. There are no paksaan in it. Yes of course my parents would mad at me if I skip it but the way they mad is by advicing you, why and wat happen if you’re not solat”. And again i saw the beauty of Muslim family. Is not that I’m saying my religion isnt beauty at all but I feel something missing in it. By then, I try to google about ‘Muslim’.

I keep the dream of convert to Muslim silently. Perhaps I was not ready that time or perhaps it was  not the right time. So then I get job in Malacca and met a guy who is Muslim. I met his family which is still be my family till now. From there I keep on learning. Until one day, I saw they perform 
together their solat and my mom text me, saying she had dream of me using telekung and I’ve cried. IndeedBy the way, that man isnt my bakal zauj or so on, just a friend and yes I have not married yet. So then, they help me into my new journey of becoming Mualaf and alhamdulillah I manage to recite dua kalimah syahadah smoothly. I do feel palpitation to tell my family about this but I know I still have to tell them.


For the first time, my family abandoned me because of my decision of choosing Muslim. For the first time my dad cried because of my decision. It took about a year for them to accept the new me. Alhamdulillah now everything is getting smooth. My dear mualaf, all you have to do is to be patient and insyaAllah by end of the day Allah will grant you something. 






No comments: